By Adrian O'Sullivan
Read Online or Download Espionage and Counterintelligence in Occupied Persia (Iran): The Success of the Allied Secret Services, 1941-45 PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The participants tackle the background, originality, kind and class of conventional technology, expertise and fabric tradition within the center East and important Asia, their effect at the heritage of Europe and the West, and the hazard posed by way of sleek Western technologies.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Medieval Persia 1040-1797 charts the outstanding heritage of Persia from its conquest through the Muslim Arabs within the 7th century advert to the trendy interval on the finish of the eighteenth century, while the influence of the west turned pervasive. David Morgan argues that figuring out this complicated interval of Persia’s historical past is critical to knowing glossy Iran and its major function at the foreign scene.
During this intimate and tumultuous ancient fiction, Iran performs a starring position lower than a degree identify, "Persiran. " We have interaction with its historical past via 3 generations of a vividly drawn aristocratic family members referred to as the Poonakis, starting with dual princes who're dedicated to one another, and finishing nowa days – after the Khomeini revolution – with one other set of dual brothers who're mortal enemies.
- Beyond the Balfour Declaration: The 100-Year Quest for Israeli–Palestinian Peace
- Crossing Zero: The AfPak War at the Turning Point of American Empire (City Lights Open Media)
- The Absence of Grand Strategy: The United States in the Persian Gulf, 1972--2005: The United States in the Persian Gulf, 1972-2005
- The Cyprus Emergency: The Divided Island 1955 - 1974
- Modernizing Marriage: Family, Ideology, and Law in Nineteenth- and Early Twentieth-Century Egypt (Gender and Globalization)
Additional resources for Espionage and Counterintelligence in Occupied Persia (Iran): The Success of the Allied Secret Services, 1941-45