By Richard Tapper,Keith McLachlan
Read or Download Technology, Tradition and Survival: Aspects of Material Culture in the Middle East and Central Asia (History and Society in the Islamic World) PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The members tackle the background, originality, kind and class of conventional technological know-how, know-how and fabric tradition within the center East and valuable Asia, their impact at the heritage of Europe and the West, and the chance posed by way of glossy Western technologies.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Medieval Persia 1040-1797 charts the extraordinary historical past of Persia from its conquest via the Muslim Arabs within the 7th century advert to the fashionable interval on the finish of the eighteenth century, whilst the influence of the west turned pervasive. David Morgan argues that figuring out this advanced interval of Persia’s heritage is critical to realizing glossy Iran and its major function at the foreign scene.
During this intimate and tumultuous historic fiction, Iran performs a starring function lower than a level identify, "Persiran. " We interact with its heritage via 3 generations of a vividly drawn aristocratic kinfolk known as the Poonakis, starting with dual princes who're dedicated to one another, and finishing nowa days – after the Khomeini revolution – with one other set of dual brothers who're mortal enemies.
- Locked Doors: The Seizure of Jewish Property in Arab Countries
- Resolving the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Perspectives on the Peace Process
- Prostitution in the Eastern Mediterranean World: The Economics of Sex in the Late Antique and Medieval Middle East (Library of Middle East History)
- Rebuilding Anatolia after the Mongol Conquest: Islamic Architecture in the Lands of Rum, 1240–1330 (Birmingham Byzantine and Ottoman Studies)
- Risible Rhymes (Library of Arabic Literature)
- Horemheb: The Forgotten Pharaoh
Extra info for Technology, Tradition and Survival: Aspects of Material Culture in the Middle East and Central Asia (History and Society in the Islamic World)