By Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley
Honoring the paintings of Ruth C. Carter upon her retirement as editor of Cataloging & category Quarterly, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is a different assortment that includes 21 articles from specialists within the box. Celebrating Dr. Carter’s commitment to technical prone, cataloging, historical past, and administration, those essays remember the entire vital facets of her lifestyles and occupation. the $64000 compendium additionally comprises an interview with Dr. Carter and a evaluation of Cataloging & class Quarterly (CCQ) in the course of her two decades at its helm.
In 4 components, this wide-ranging assortment contains articles that not just span the size and breadth of Dr. Carter’s specialist profession, but additionally current new contributions to the sphere. the 1st component to Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar considers Dr. Carter’s own background and direct effect on CCQ in addition to what she sees as key concerns in cataloging at first of the twenty first century. The experiences partially take a global examine cataloging and bibliographic background whereas new learn within the box is gifted partially 3. ultimately, half 4 bargains papers that ponder present developments in addition to attainable instructions for the rising electronic destiny.
Chapters in Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar contain:
- a commemorative biographical caricature of Ruth Carter
- an interview the place she discusses her occupation as a librarian, archivist, historian, and long-time editor
- a finished overview of the contents of Cataloging & type Quarterly from 1990-2006
- an research of the provision of books and interpreting fabrics in Monroe County, Indiana, via 1850
- annotation as a misplaced paintings in cataloging early twentieth-century British libraries
- twenty-five years of bibliographic keep an eye on learn on the college of Bradford
- the Italian cataloging culture and its relationships with the foreign culture
- technical companies and tenure impediments and methods
- the works phenomenon and top promoting books
- measuring typographical blunders’ impression on retrieval in bibliographic databases
- assembly the desires of designated structure catalogers
- replica cataloging for print and video monographs in educational libraries
- balancing rules, perform, and pragmatics in a altering electronic surroundings
- the advance of data buildings on the web
- and may perhaps more!
a distinct compilation of the various concerns that seemed in CCQ in the course of Dr. Carter’s 20-year tenure, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is an informative source for librarians, LTS pros, catalogers, scholars, educators, and researchers.
Read or Download Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter PDF
Best publishing & books books
As increasingly more of our cultural history migrates into electronic shape and as expanding quantities of literature and paintings are created inside electronic environments, it turns into extra vital than ever prior to for us to appreciate how the medium impacts the textual content. The professional individuals to this quantity supply a transparent, engrossing and available perception into how the texts we learn and learn are created, formed and transmitted to us.
Overlaying quite a lot of wisdom, the hot York Public Library African American table Reference is a powerful source for domestic, kinfolk, and company, and a vital addition in your own reference library. "Indispensable for these attracted to the African American event. we don't have any larger resource for speedy and trustworthy info.
Breaking the e-book is a manifesto at the cognitive effects and emotional results of human interactions with actual books that unearths why the conventional humanities disciplines are proof against 'digital' humanities. Explores the explanations why the normal humanities disciplines are immune to 'digital humanities' finds features of publication historical past, supplying it for instance of the way varied media form our modes of pondering and feeling Gathers jointly an important ebook historical past and literary feedback about the hundred years prime as much as the early 19th-century emergence of mass print tradition Predicts results of the electronic revolution on disciplinarity, services, and the institutional restructuring of the arts
In 2009, Futurism has no longer ended up in a waste paper bin, as Marinetti expected in 1909, yet relatively is being celebrated far and wide around the globe with exhibitions, meetings and lots of books. This bibliographic instruction manual is a revised and multiplied model of a bibliographic reference-shelf the writer released in overseas Futurism in Arts and Literature (de Gruyter 2000).
- Cultural Factors in Economic Growth (Ethical Economy)
- Aphra Behn: An Annotated Bibliography of Primary and Secondary Sources
- Journalism: A Guide to the Reference Literature (Reference Sources in the Humanities)
- Destination Dissertation: A Traveler's Guide to a Done Dissertation
Extra info for Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter