By Laura Mandell
Breaking the Book is a manifesto at the cognitive results and emotional results of human interactions with actual books that unearths why the normal humanities disciplines are immune to 'digital' humanities.
- Explores the explanations why the normal humanities disciplines are immune to 'digital humanities'
- Reveals points of publication historical past, delivering it as an instance of the way various media form our modes of considering and feeling
- Gathers jointly crucial ebook historical past and literary feedback in regards to the hundred years top as much as the early 19th-century emergence of mass print culture
- Predicts results of the electronic revolution on disciplinarity, services, and the institutional restructuring of the humanities
Read Online or Download Breaking the Book: Print Humanities in the Digital Age (Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos) PDF
Similar publishing & books books
As a growing number of of our cultural background migrates into electronic shape and as expanding quantities of literature and paintings are created inside of electronic environments, it turns into extra vital than ever prior to for us to appreciate how the medium impacts the textual content. The professional members to this quantity offer a transparent, engrossing and obtainable perception into how the texts we learn and examine are created, formed and transmitted to us.
Overlaying a variety of wisdom, the hot York Public Library African American table Reference is a powerful source for domestic, kin, and company, and a necessary addition in your own reference library. "Indispensable for these attracted to the African American event. we haven't any larger resource for fast and trustworthy details.
Breaking the publication is a manifesto at the cognitive results and emotional results of human interactions with actual books that finds why the normal humanities disciplines are proof against 'digital' humanities. Explores the explanations why the conventional humanities disciplines are immune to 'digital humanities' finds elements of e-book heritage, delivering it for example of the way varied media form our modes of considering and feeling Gathers jointly an important ebook background and literary feedback in regards to the hundred years top as much as the early 19th-century emergence of mass print tradition Predicts results of the electronic revolution on disciplinarity, services, and the institutional restructuring of the arts
In 2009, Futurism has now not ended up in a waste paper bin, as Marinetti anticipated in 1909, yet quite is being celebrated in every single place all over the world with exhibitions, meetings and various books. This bibliographic instruction manual is a revised and improved model of a bibliographic reference-shelf the writer released in overseas Futurism in Arts and Literature (de Gruyter 2000).
- Degrees of Affinity: Studies in Comparative Literature and Translation (China Academic Library)
- Benjamin Britten: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- John Ireland: A Catalogue, Discography and Bibliography: A Source Book
- Revolutions in Book Publishing: The Effects of Digital Innovation on the Industry
- Forgetful Muses: Reading the Author in the Text
Extra info for Breaking the Book: Print Humanities in the Digital Age (Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos)