By Kevin P. Clements
Read or Download America and the World: The Double Bind: Volume 9, Peace and Policy PDF
Similar international affairs books
The problem of coverage dynamics is a key one in coverage stories and one that is very amenable to comparative coverage examine. This edited quantity brings jointly the various major students within the box to check the definition, conceptualization and operationalization of coverage switch. Drawing on empirical fabrics from a number of longitudinal experiences of Europe and North American coverage improvement, this publication assesses many of the significant current and unresolved matters at the moment hard the self-discipline.
China's upward push at the overseas scene during the last few years has correlated with its exponential monetary progress. the ecu Union (EU), the world's greatest improvement reduction supplier, has been feeling the warmth of Beijing's nearer ties with Africa. for this reason, the EU's total policy-making in the direction of Africa has suffered from a lack of credibility and this has been additional uncovered either by means of the good fortune of China's investments in Africa, and by means of the beneficial reaction that China's funding proposals have obtained from African leaders.
Diplomacy thought is witnessing a veritable explosion of works in the components of modernism and postmodernism, but there was no try to evaluate those theories and their resources in response to a standard criterion or logical form. This author argues that whereas those pioneering, inventive and fascinating theoretical works are disparate, additionally they percentage a standard thread that seeks to specific emancipatory ambitions for diplomacy.
"America's different military" brings the high-flying international of foreign international relations all the way down to earth and places a human face on a mysterious occupation that has passed through a dramatic transformation when you consider that September eleven, 2001. during the tales of yank diplomats, the booklet explains how their paintings impacts thousands of individuals within the usa and around the globe each day, and the way it contributes on to U.
- China and North Korea: Strategic and Policy Perspectives from a Changing China (International Relations and Comparisons in Northeast Asia)
- To Make a World Safe for Revolution: Cuba's Foreign Policy (Center for International Affairs)
- Participation and Interaction:The Theory and Practice of China's Diplomacy
- Indonesia and China: The Politics of a Troubled Relationship (Politics in Asia)
- International Practices (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- Dealing with the Devil: East Germany, Détente, and Ostpolitik, 1969-1973: East Germany, Détente, and Ostpolitik, 1969-1973 (The New Cold War History)
Extra info for America and the World: The Double Bind: Volume 9, Peace and Policy