By Roshdi Rashed
Read or Download Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The individuals tackle the background, originality, kind and class of conventional technological know-how, know-how and fabric tradition within the heart East and primary Asia, their impact at the heritage of Europe and the West, and the hazard posed by means of smooth Western technologies.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Medieval Persia 1040-1797 charts the extraordinary historical past of Persia from its conquest by means of the Muslim Arabs within the 7th century advert to the trendy interval on the finish of the eighteenth century, while the influence of the west grew to become pervasive. David Morgan argues that realizing this advanced interval of Persia’s background is critical to realizing sleek Iran and its major position at the foreign scene.
During this intimate and tumultuous old fiction, Iran performs a starring position less than a degree identify, "Persiran. " We interact with its background via 3 generations of a vividly drawn aristocratic kin referred to as the Poonakis, starting with dual princes who're dedicated to one another, and finishing nowa days – after the Khomeini revolution – with one other set of dual brothers who're mortal enemies.
- Between the Middle East and the Americas: The Cultural Politics of Diaspora
- The Egyptian Economy, 1952-2000: Performance Policies and Issues (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Economies)
- Reshaping Palestine: From Muhammad Ali to the British Mandate, 1831-1922
- Armenian Christianity Today: Identity Politics and Popular Practice
- Method and Madness: The Hidden Story of Israel's Assaults on Gaza
- Age of Fools
Additional info for Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science