By Ilias Arnaoutoglou
* the family - marriage, divorce, inheritance, adoption, sexual offences and private status
* the market-place - alternate, finance, sale, coinage and leases
* the country - structure, legislative approach, public tasks, colonies, construction actions, naval forces, penal rules, faith, politics and inter-state affairs.
Dr Arnaoutoglou explores the importance of laws in historic Greece, the diversities and similarities among historic Greek laws and legislators and their smooth opposite numbers and in addition offers clean translations of the felony records themselves.
Read or Download Ancient Greek Laws: A Sourcebook (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
This e-book explores the a lot maligned and misunderstood style of declamation. rather than a bastard rhetoric, declamation may be obvious as a venue during which the rhetoric of the valid self is developed. those fictions of the self are uncannily actual, and those stagey dramas are in reality rehearsals for the intense play of Roman identification.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2011 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, notice: 2,3, Technische Universität Dresden (Institut für Geschichte), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Das ganze Leben ist eine Knechtschaft. Deshalb muß guy sich an seine Lage gewöhnen und so wenig wie möglich darüber klagen, was once sie aber angenehmes an sich hat, ergreifen.
This research, first released in German in 1975, addresses the necessity for a entire account of Roman social heritage in one quantity. in particular, Alföldy makes an attempt to respond to 3 questions: what's the which means of Roman social background? what's entailed in Roman social background? How is it to be conceived as historical past?
Those volumes elucidate the style during which there emerged, at the North China simple, hierarchically established, functionally really expert social associations prepared on a political and territorial foundation throughout the moment millennium b. c. They describe the best way, in the course of next centuries, those institutes have been subtle via a lot of the remainder of North and critical China.
- Collected Papers on Alexander the Great
- Von der Welt und den Elementen (Kleine Historische Reihe) (German Edition)
- Liebe in den Zeiten der Römer: Archäologie der Liebe in der römischen Provinz (German Edition)
- Entrepreneurship and Ethics in Ancient Rome: The Management Lessons of Pliny the Younger (Lessons From History)
Extra info for Ancient Greek Laws: A Sourcebook (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World)