By Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson
This revised and up-to-date model of An Atlas of heart japanese Affairs provides available, concisely written entries at the most crucial present concerns within the center East, combining maps with their geopolitical history. delivering a transparent context for research of key matters, it contains historical past themes, the location of the center East on this planet and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections protecting the continued value of the center East, the historical past, primary matters, the states and the an important concerns regarding the area.
- Original maps built-in into the textual content, putting overseas matters and conflicts of their geographical contexts.
- Case stories and special research of every state, entire with suitable records and key facts.
- Coverage of basic concerns, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A accomplished additional studying part, allowing scholars to hide the subject in additional depth.
Updated to incorporate fresh advancements corresponding to the "Arab Spring," this booklet is a worthy advent to undergraduate scholars of political technological know-how and center East stories and is designed as a chief instructing reduction for classes with regards to the center East within the parts of politics, heritage, geography, economics and armed forces experiences. This e-book can be a superb reference resource for libraries and a person drawn to those fields.
Read Online or Download An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
The participants tackle the historical past, originality, style and class of conventional technology, know-how and fabric tradition within the center East and imperative Asia, their effect at the historical past of Europe and the West, and the probability posed through smooth Western technologies.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Medieval Persia 1040-1797 charts the notable background of Persia from its conquest via the Muslim Arabs within the 7th century advert to the trendy interval on the finish of the eighteenth century, while the impression of the west turned pervasive. David Morgan argues that figuring out this advanced interval of Persia’s heritage is quintessential to figuring out sleek Iran and its major position at the overseas scene.
During this intimate and tumultuous old fiction, Iran performs a starring position lower than a degree identify, "Persiran. " We have interaction with its background via 3 generations of a vividly drawn aristocratic kin known as the Poonakis, starting with dual princes who're dedicated to one another, and finishing nowa days – after the Khomeini revolution – with one other set of dual brothers who're mortal enemies.
- The Palestine-Israel Conflict - Fourth Edition: A Basic Introduction
- Medieval Arabic Historiography: Authors as Actors (SOAS/Routledge Studies on the Middle East)
- Films of Makhmalbaf: Cinema, Politics and Culture in Iran
- Egyptian Solar Religion: Re, Amun and the Crisis of Polytheism (Studies in Egyptology)
Extra info for An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs