By Fawwaz Traboulsi
Read Online or Download A History of Modern Lebanon PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The members handle the historical past, originality, sort and class of conventional technological know-how, expertise and fabric tradition within the heart East and important Asia, their impact at the historical past of Europe and the West, and the hazard posed via glossy Western technologies.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Medieval Persia 1040-1797 charts the striking background of Persia from its conquest through the Muslim Arabs within the 7th century advert to the fashionable interval on the finish of the eighteenth century, whilst the effect of the west grew to become pervasive. David Morgan argues that knowing this advanced interval of Persia’s historical past is critical to knowing glossy Iran and its major position at the overseas scene.
During this intimate and tumultuous ancient fiction, Iran performs a starring position lower than a degree identify, "Persiran. " We interact with its background via 3 generations of a vividly drawn aristocratic kin known as the Poonakis, starting with dual princes who're dedicated to one another, and finishing nowa days – after the Khomeini revolution – with one other set of dual brothers who're mortal enemies.
- US Foreign Policy in the Middle East: The Roots of Anti-Americanism
- Jerusalem Unbound: Geography, History, and the Future of the Holy City
- The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire (Studies in Middle Eastern History)
- The UN and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: American Hegemony and UN Intervention since 1947 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- The Gulf: The Bush Presidencies and the Middle East (Studies in Conflict, Diplomacy and Peace)
- Indivisible Territory and the Politics of Legitimacy: Jerusalem and Northern Ireland
Extra resources for A History of Modern Lebanon