By Peyman Vahabzadeh
Read or Download A Guerrilla Odyssey: Modernization, Secularism, Democracy, and Fadai Period of National Liberation in Iran, 1971-1979 (Modern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East) PDF
Best middle eastern history books
The members tackle the historical past, originality, sort and class of conventional technological know-how, expertise and fabric tradition within the heart East and principal Asia, their impact at the historical past of Europe and the West, and the hazard posed by means of smooth Western technologies.
First released in 1982. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Medieval Persia 1040-1797 charts the amazing historical past of Persia from its conquest via the Muslim Arabs within the 7th century advert to the fashionable interval on the finish of the eighteenth century, whilst the influence of the west grew to become pervasive. David Morgan argues that knowing this advanced interval of Persia’s heritage is crucial to realizing smooth Iran and its major function at the foreign scene.
During this intimate and tumultuous old fiction, Iran performs a starring function lower than a degree identify, "Persiran. " We interact with its historical past via 3 generations of a vividly drawn aristocratic kinfolk known as the Poonakis, starting with dual princes who're dedicated to one another, and finishing nowa days – after the Khomeini revolution – with one other set of dual brothers who're mortal enemies.
- Muslim Reformers in Iran and Turkey (Modern Middle East (Paperback))
- Late Ottoman Society: The Intellectual Legacy (SOAS/Routledge Studies on the Middle East)
- Israeli Prisoner of War Policies: From the 1949 Armistice to the 2006 Kidnappings
- Middle Eastern Themes: Papers in History and Politics: Volume 14 (Routledge Library Editions: Politics of the Middle East)
- Honey from the Rock: A History of the Holy Land
- Britain in the Middle East: 1619-1971
Additional resources for A Guerrilla Odyssey: Modernization, Secularism, Democracy, and Fadai Period of National Liberation in Iran, 1971-1979 (Modern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East)