By John Marincola
- Comprises a sequence of leading edge articles written via regarded scholars
- Presents wide, chronological remedies of significant matters within the writing of heritage and antiquity
- These are complemented through chapters on person genres and sub-genres from the 5th century B.C.E. to the fourth century C.E.
- Provides a sequence of interpretative readings at the person historians
- Contains essays at the neighbouring genres of tragedy, biography, and epic, between others, and their courting to history
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar historical studies books
In 1764 a peasant woman was once killed and partly eaten whereas tending sheep. ultimately, over 100 sufferers fell prey to a mysterious creature whose lethal potency mesmerized Europe. Monsters of the Gévaudan revisits this spellbinding story and gives the definitive reason for its mythic prestige in French folklore.
For sixty years, diverse teams in Europe have placed forth interpretations of worldwide conflict II and their respective international locations’ roles in it in keeping with their very own political and mental wishes. The clash during the last has performed out in varied arenas, together with movie, memoirs, proceedings, and textbooks.
En estas páginas un conjunto de historiadores de l. a. Europa del sur —España, Portugal e Italia— y de América latina —Brasil, Argentina y México— abordan l. a. evolución de sus respectivas historiografías a través de cuatro ámbitos: l. a. historia de los conceptos, los angeles historia social, l. a. historia política y los angeles historia económica.
This system of extermination Nazis referred to as the ultimate resolution took the lives of roughly six million Jews, amounting to approximately 60 percentage of ecu Jewry and a 3rd of the world's Jewish inhabitants. learning the Holocaust from a sociological viewpoint, Ronald J. Berger explains why the ultimate resolution occurred to a selected humans for specific purposes; why the Jews have been, for the Nazis, the vital enemy.
- Agricola und Germania: Übersetzt, eingeleitet und erläutert von Lenelotte Möller (Kleine historische Reihe) (German Edition)
- Afro-Latin America (The Nathan I. Huggins Lectures)
- Writing the South through the Self: Explorations in Southern Autobiography
- Julius Caesar's Bellum Civile and the Composition of a New Reality
Extra resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)